Bits ‘n Pieces
In the justice system:
- Glenn Love II pleaded guilty to conspiracy and aggravated identity theft for stealing more than 80 people’s identities by pretending to be a fraud investigator. Charges are pending against Vickie Parks Sheppard, who allegedly assisted him. More.
- Faced with a mountain of medical bills for her ailing husband, the lending director of Health Facilities Federal Credit Union made a desperate move. Christine McLamb began taking out fraudulent loans in other people’s names. She was sentenced to 6 years in prison. More.
- Garrias Lloyd and Tyree Lloyd, are in the Palm Beach County Jail after allegedly stealing credit card numbers from businesses in three states. An Illinois detective said he expects “a ton of victims.” More.
- Timi Lynn Anderson was sentenced to 65 months in prison following entering a guilty plea in November 2008 for identity theft. More.
- Zachary Wiley Mann will serve 60 months in prison and three years of supervised release for one count of wire fraud and one count of aggravated identity theft in connection with a scheme to steal credit card account information and use it to add value to gift cards that he purchased. Mann obtained credit card account information from thousands of victims by “hacking” into an Internet-based order-processing server. More.
- Jermaine Aldred and Dontarrion Bratton have been sentenced to federal prison for aggravated identity theft and access device card fraud. More.