In the justice system:
- Andrew Paparella Jr. was arrested and charged with stealing credit card numbers belonging to patrons of his restaurant, the Citrus café. More.
- Gene Anthony Franklin Jr. faces up to 73 years in prison for stealing the identities of more than one dozen people by posing as a real estate investor to secure their personal information, which he then used fraudulently. More.
- In the UK, three people have been ordered to repay more than £180,000 after evidence including £37,570 in cash, 300 account numbers and 60 counterfeit bank cards was found during a murder investigation. More.
- Police are searching for a man who allegedly skimmed customers’ credit cards at the New China Restaurant. The individual is believed to be part of a large Asian-based fraud ring that also involved customers of East Moon Asian Bistro in Longmont. More.
- In the UK, 9 suspects in a banking Trojan case have been arrested by the UK’s new Police Central E-Crime Unit (PCeU). The suspects are believed to be from Eastern Europe and former Soviet Union countries and allegedly used servers in Europe. More. Thanks, Brian, for this link.