Bits ‘n Pieces
In the justice system:
- Tax preparers and sisters Carolyne and Johanna Jones have been charged with using clients’ information to obtain fraudulent tax refunds. More.
- Former postal carrier Rodney Ervin was sentenced to 25 months for mail theft, access device fraud and aggravated identity theft. More.
- Jennifer Derrickson was charged with seven counts of identity theft and three counts of theft over $100,000 for stealing from her employer, Liquid Container LP and for using an employee’s name to open an account for the funds she stole. More.
- Chiropractor Douglas Dvorak was convicted of 39 counts of mail fraud, aggravated identity theft and money laundering for filing fraudulent Medicaid claims for 30 children whom he never treated. More.
- Tiffany Lidge was charged with multiple crimes that included identity theft, fraudulent use of a credit or debit card and trafficking in stolen identities. More.
- The Shell Hinchley Wood gas station in the UK is being investigated after customers had their credit and debit card details copied and used abroad. More.