Bits ‘n Pieces
In the justice system:
- Atin Singh, charged with stealing customer data from Roti Bistro where he worked, pleaded no contest to five felonies. More.
- Joseph A. Radican was sentenced to 18 months probation after pleading guilty in the theft of three computers from the Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center in 2008 (previous coverage here). The computers contained data on 11,000 patients. More.
- In the UK, the four fraudsters who helped run a global credit card cloning operation that raked in £3.5million in just over a week were sentenced to a total of 18 years. More.
- The number of victims of card fraud related to the Shell Hinchley Wood gas station in the UK continues to climb; there are now 270 victims identified. More.
- Reha Soylular, who used to own Ti Amo Restaurant and Baci Restaurant pled guilty to fraud in a scheme that involved him opening merchant accounts and then running stolen card numbers through the POS terminals. More.
- Police are looking for Tywana Mobley, who is suspected of stealing from patients at Carolinas Medical Center and people at Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools and other local hospitals. More.