Bits ‘n Pieces
In the justice system:
- The teenage hacker known as “Dshocker” was sentenced to 11 months in a juvenile detention center. More.
- In FL, Patrice Thomas is charged with opening a credit card in someone else’s name to obtain cosmetic surgery. More.
- In NC, Brenda Denise Small was indicted for filing false tax returns and identity theft. More.
- In NJ, Robert L. Smith was charged with credit card fraud, accused of “double-swiping” customers’ credit and debit cards at a Wawa where he worked. More.
- In FL, three people are alleged to have solicited auto bodywork from elderly victims in parking lots, then assumed their identities to file insurance claims for some $50,000. More.