Bits ‘n Pieces
In the justice system:
- Tamra Williams and Destiny Barron are accused of stealing and using the credit card information of customers at a Valdosta Applebee’s restaurant, where Williams was employed. More.
- Marla A. Arinze, a St. Louis police officer who resigned while under investigation, was sentenced to probation and 40 hours of community service for misusing a law enforcement database. More.
- Carlos Bonilla has been sentenced to six years in prison for identity theft that involved theft of postal mail. More.
- Jennifer Lynn Schoenbeck was convicted of federal fraud charges for the second time in less than three years. She worked at an unnamed restaurant as a manager, which gave her access to personal information of job applicants. More.
- Restaurant owner Phau Lam received a sentence of three years, eight months in state prison for ripping off his customers at the Home Menu restaurant. More.
- Jeffrey C. Gautreaux was indicted on 17 counts of bank fraud, one count of access device fraud and two counts of aggravated identity theft. He allegedly used his position as a bank teller at the Bank of America’ branch in Peabody to steal customers’ information between 2004 and 2006. More.