HHS Cybersecurity Program: Electronic Medical Records in Healthcare
HHS has published a new cybersecurity threat brief, available for download on their site. The topics include:
• What Is an EMR, and How Is It Used in Healthcare?
• Top EHR Software Used in Hospitals
• Benefits & Risks of Using EMR/HER
• Why EMRs/EHRs Are Valuable to Cyber Attackers
• How Are EMR/EHRs Stored and Handled?
• EMR Compromised, Healthcare & Critical Industries Hacked
• Healthcare Industry Under Attack
• Healthcare Industry Under Attack, Part II
• Top Data Breaches of 2021
• Top Threats Against Electronic Medical & Health Records
• Costs of Data Breach
• Protecting EMR & EHR Data
Access the report (35 pages, pdf), and stay tuned for this year’s Breach Barometer report by Protenus in collaboration with DataBreaches.net. The numbers are even more staggering than reports based solely on HHS reports might lead you to believe.