HHS update provides some new details on breaches (updated)
HHS has updated its public breach tool, and its update provides some new details on previously reported breaches:
- A CD that was missing and then recovered contained PHI of 36,400 Jersey City Medical Center – Barnabas Health patients.
- A laptop stolen from a Coordinated Health employee’s car in February held records on 13,907 patients – not 773 as reported in April.
- Rogue employees at Iron Mountain who victimized patients of Orthopaedic Specialty Institute Medical Group, Long Beach Internal Medical Group, and The Hand Care Center / Shoulder and Elbow Institute also victimized 2,691 patients of Riverside Medical Clinic.
- The stolen True Vision Eyecare laptop contained limited information on 542 patients.
- The WellCare breach occurred on October 27. It impacted 4,469 insured members nationwide and the vendor was AdminisTEP.