Two teenagers are suspected of having hacked the websites of Belgian and French newspapers earlier in the week, prosecutors said Friday.
“The regional unit of computer crime managed …to identify the presumed perpetrators” of the cyber attacks Sunday and Monday, Brussels prosecutors said in a statement.
The attacks were launched against the websites of Le Soir, La Libre Belgique, La Derniere Heure and publications of the Sudpresse group.
The attacks also targeted French regional publications belonging to the Rossel group, including La Voix du Nord as well as the Union de Reims and l’Ardennais whose sites were disabled in the attack.
The two minors who were born in 1997 and 1999 will have a court hearing, the prosecutors said.
Read more on Security Week.