Cassandra Vinograd reports:
The U.S. military said Thursday that a hacking attack may have stolen the personal data of more than 16,000 South Koreans employed by American forces.
U.S. Forces Korea said in a statement that learned on May 28 that two databases storing personal information had been compromised.
“No military or defense-related classified information was compromised because the affected system was a human resources recruiting system separate from our military network,” it said in a statement.
The command said that the databases contained details for more than 16,000 current and former Korean nationals employed by the command, along with data on job applicants – but no credit card information.
Read more on NBC.