UK: Operation Vulcanalia targets users of netspoof website attack tool
From an NCA press release today:
Twelve people have been arrested as part of a National Crime Agency operation targeting customers of website crippling software which can cost as little as £4.
Netspoof stresser was a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) programme that disabled web servers and websites by flooding them with massive amounts of data.
Netspoof subscription packages ranged from £4 to £380 – with some customers paying more than £8,000 to launch hundreds of attacks.[…]
Warrants executed this week included:
– A 27-year-old male from Hamilton, Scotland, was arrested and charged with offences under the Computer Misuse Act.
– A 23 year-old-male from Barry was arrested by Tarian the Wales ROCU.
– Titan, the North West ROCU, arrested an 18 year-old male from Lancashire and a 22 year-old male from Rhyl, North Wales.
– The NCA arrested a 30 year-old male from Peterborough.
– Zephyr, the South West ROCU, arrested one man.
– SEROCU, the South East ROCU, arrested a 20 year-old male from Wokingham, a 20 year-old male from Portsmouth and a 22 year-old male from Milton Keynes.
SOURCE: National Crime Agency