UPDATE: City of Carmel website remains down after hacking incident
Kurt Christian reports:
Carmel’s official city website remained out of service Friday afternoon while officials investigated a hacking incident.
The city said its information technology department discovered shortly after 8 a.m. Friday that carmel.in.gov had been been hit by hackers. City spokesman Dan McFeely said the city immediately took down the website and is now working to determine what happened. He added that the city’s goal is to make the website available again as soon as possible.
Read more on IBJ.