Update Feb. 2, 2017: The list for 2017 has been moved to its own post that will be updated as more incidents are reported.
First it was Dracut Schools. Then it was Tipton County Schools and then Odessa School District whose employees had their SSN and information from W-2 forms acquired by criminals in phishing attacks. And now there’s another successful W-2 phishing attack. Kathy Brown reports:
Social Security numbers and W-2 information for about 1,400 employees who worked over the past year at Campbell County Health were mistakenly released sometime Wednesday to someone impersonating a hospital executive.
Read more on Gillette News Record.
- Update: Add Marin Software to this year’s list (is anyone creating one?) of entities whose employee W-2 data was compromised by a phishing attack.
- Update 2: And now add 1,900 employees at UGI Utilities.
- Update 3: And now add employees of Sunrun.
- Update 4: And add Lexington School District Two in SC.
- Update 5: And add Mercedes ISD in Texas.
I’ll just skip the “UPDATE” prefaces and keep going, huh? …